Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Jet Set and Match

This week I was in Tampa, Florida for some meetings. Starting the day at 5 am on monday I shuffled past the bright eyed cats loitering in the bathroom. Briefly contemplating peeing on one, I proceeded to get dressed and head out to the front of the apt where the inevitable black stretch limo awaited. When you travel as much as I do, the once nice stretch limo starts resembling an ominous black hearse.
An hour later I'm at JFK International checking in at the Jet Blue Kiosk.

It was my first time flying this venerable discount carrier and I'll be honest- I was floored. Clean, orderly and above all timely. We actually boarded at the exact time printed on the boarding pass. There weren't 100 people confused people clogging the boarding area. They actually board the back and the front of the plane in tandem. The rear boards via the tarmac and the front via the jetway. This is pure genius. If there was a nobel prize for aviation logistics you know who gets my vote. Inside the plane, I quickly realized what the Jet blue experience was about. A businessClass experience in every seat. Unbelievable leg room, a directTV tv console on every headrest and 2 PPV movie channels. Movies could be bought for 5 dollars via the credit card swiper located next to the LCD screen.

Also, the headphone jack was the normal one, not the fucking infuriating 2 or 3 prong ones on some airlines (Continental I'm looking in your shitty direction) that only offer MONO sounds. The drink service wasn't via trolley but pleasantly conducted by a flight attendant taking individual drink orders. She then came around with a basket of assorted snacks such as pretzels, doritos, chocolate chip cookies and even biscotti. There were a total of 3 attendants for the cabin , and since there is no first class cabin, there is a much faster response time. All in all Jet Blue was hands down the most pleasant experience I have had in the air in my 100,000 plus miles I've flown.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rajan said...

dude. I am impressed. Jet Blue is all I'll do if I ever have a choice in the future. In fact, that's all I will ever recommend as well.

I still got like $80 of gay Delta credit to use up unfortunately...

(This post cost me the following characters: fjxtwud)

10:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home