Tuesday, September 06, 2005

IO needs to STFU

you, as my avid and fervent blog reader may be wondering why there has only been 1 post in the last 3 some odd weeks. The answer lies in the unparalleled idiocy of a company called Cablevision. You see it all started 2 weeks ago when I moved to my new apartment, which was lacking broadband internet access. I called Cablevision up and signed up for their Optimum Online Service and scheduled someone to come out the saturday i was moving in. Well, low and behold the door bell rings and in comes a self-proclaimed reggaetone artist, not from cablevision but some 3rd party company. He comes in and starts looking for the cable outlets in the apartment and after 10 minutes promptly tells me that he can't install the modem because he can't find them. Meanwhile my opinion of this guy has just plummeted faster than his hopes and dreams of performing at the Apollo one day. I walk over the wall and point to an outlet that is basically just a cover screwed into the wall.
" I think its behind there"
"Nah yo, that ain't it"
"I'm pretty sure it is"
"naaaaaaaaaaaah B"

Common sense would dictate that since the apt never had cable, but was prewired for it, as most new apartments are, that this outlet would have the cable's behind it. But nooooo, Tony yayo has other ideas. He leaves and tells me that he is scheduling Cablevision to come out. Gee, funny since I called them last week to have someone come out here. Instead they send this 8 mile reject. Days go by and no call from Cablevision about my appointment, so I decide to call and set one up myself. They said no problem we'll come out on saturday between 8 and 11. Unfortuntely I didn't have the hindsight or restraint to realize that friday night would be one hell of a drinking event and consequently didn't hear my cell phone go off at 9:08 am the next morning.
THe voicemail was as follows:

" This is cablevision. You have missed your appointment."

Fuck sakes. What a warning! I mean to call me after the fact; that's just got classy written all over it. Rub the fact in that I was hungover and drunk as hell at 9 am. Luckily my other roomate was up and there were some overnite guests sleeping downstairs. When asked if they had heard the doorbell ring , not one of them answered yes to hearing it. Something was afoot.... Furious, I call them back to ask the technician to come back. I am told that this is not possible and that I will need to reschedule. Week 1 without internet has just been completed.
I call them on sunday and ream the customer service rep. He promised to have someone out first thing tuesday morning between the hours of 8 and 11 AND for them to call me an hour before they come so I can make sure that I am home. Tuesday morning arrives, and I get up at 7:45 to make sure I dont miss them. Meanwhile I told my boss that I would only be an hour late in anticipation of an early and successful install. 8 comes and goes. So does 9,10, and 11. At 11 I call shanikwa from cablevision customer service asking her what the hell the deal is. She says that it shows in the system that the guy came at 9:08 am and I missed it. umm yea that was last week. She apologizes that the system is wrong and says that the technician will be there at noon. So I wait and wait until 2 when no has yet arrived. I call back and get the most apathetic black woman on the other line.
I'd bet my soul she was fat and had a bad weave. Some things carry through clear on the phone and this hellish image was one of them. She told me that my appointment was from 8-6 and that I would have to wait till 6. Who the fuck gives a 10 hour time frame?? Don't I have better things to do then stay glued to the doorbell for 10 fucking hours? I can't even go out and get a bite to eat, or go run errands. 10 hours! So around 5:45 i throw in the towel. I walk over to my old apt to pick a few remaining items from the move, during which I get a call from.... Guess who?!
.............................cablevision!
Good, give yourself a pat on the back. They tell me that a technician is on his way. It is not 6:30. He is a full 7 and half hours late, a fact I make sure to drive home to the lady on the other end of the phone. 10 minutes later 2 sweaty dudes great me and start looking for the cable outlets. THey immediately goto the cover on the wall, the same cover that Tony Yayo vehemently rejected as housing the precious cable. Out come the screwdrivers and out pops the cable. Fuck you Tony!!!
If you were here i'd battle rap you and then uppercut your jerry curl. Anyway 2 hours later i was happily online and slowlynursing my revenge .

1 Comments:

Blogger Rajan said...

sachin this spam shit you got going on is unacceptable. time to upgrade to movabletype. let me know when sala.

6:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home