Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Floribbean

After my meetings in Tampa were completed, my colleague and I decided to hit up the trendy Ybor City. From what I hear its the hoboken of Florida. Fair enough, we call a taxi where Osama bin Laden's rebellious teenage son pulls up blasting the most offensive JihadHip-Hop I've yet to hear.

It's like they put 2 afghani's in the recording studio at Abu Gharib and told them they would be tortured until they put out an LP. I mean I've heard some of albums come out Gitmo and they were nowhere near this bad. 20 minutes later we are cruising the strip of Ybor city looking for the "hot spot". Keep in mind its monday nite so the streets are all but empty. we get the lowdown from Osama Jr. and find out ybor has a main strip with all the bars and is flanked by 2 titty bars at opposite ends of the strip. We start getting closer to one and notice that the landscape is starting to rapidly deteriorate into the oh too familiar ghetto blueprint. I asked Osama to turn around and we were deposited at a sports bar. My narration here will suffer from self imposed censorship which is necessary to protect my reputation as a stand up guy. At 3 am I find myself in a convenient store with my drunk colleague loading up on assorted potatoe chips, cheese dip, honey buns , beer, and cigarettes. For whatever reason I decided against the 2 day old chili cheese dogs in the fridge. Apparently even drunk people have limits to their nutritional depravity. 7 hours later and I'm in a Jet Blue plane writing this blog entry. Till next time...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rajan said...

Muahaha! You pulled a Dan Quayle :) "potatoe". I love it. So when are you getting with movabletype bee, this image verification shit is so passe!

I was going to write something about Osama Jr then I got pissed off that I have to type in the word "ORDAZ" to submit this post.

I ORDAZ YOU TO GET MOVABLETYPE!

10:42 AM

 
Blogger BurnTees said...

dude, you gotta read The Kite Runner

12:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home