Wednesday, April 19, 2006

driving in india

The last 2 times I came back from India I took many pictures of street-level traffic.

However it's hard to convey the extreme level of chaos and utter disregard for human life that floods the streets of India everday. Until now.

Courtesy of Youtube!

There is a saying in India: If you want proof that god exists, drive around the streets of India"
I can't even count how many times I thought I was a dead man while being paradeded around the rickety streets swerving around cows, camels, chickens, dogs, beggars, tractors-
Let me rant about tractors for a second. What business does a tractor whose top speed is 5 mph have on a highway?
Especially a tractor hauling 1000000 tons of shit!



The cars themselves are even worse than hyundais. No air bags, no crumple panels - no one even has side view mirrors!! To top that of , at nite everyone drives with their high beams on thus rendering the gift of sight completely useless. That being said I can't wait to go back :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home