Wednesday, June 01, 2005

i'm no superman

i've been laid up in edison for the past 5 days with a bad case of pnuemonia. On the couch with only basic cable to pass the long long hours in indian suburbia. I have only myself to blame, since this whole thing could have been avoided if I had gone to the doctor 2 weeks ago, but if ur reading this then you probably know me and why this course of action was never pursued. So over the last week I haven't heard from the girl i met on my bday ( see post: i am the [sic] walrusj) We talked briefly when i was in LA, but since i was at work i couldnt really talk. I told her i'd call her back which i did that nite but then didn't hear back from her till yesterday. I wasted no time with small talk and asked her out for dinner this weekend to which she accepted. ( YAY ) I guess its pretty bad timing seeing how i'm on meds till monday and can't drink this weekend. Which makes the whole wining and dining thing kinda hard, nevermind the fact that I won't be able to take the nervous edge off with a stiff drink or 3. This is on top of the disastrous meddling of my mother at the posh wedding I attended this past wedding in philly for a family friend. Apparently she called one of the family friend's daughters who happens to be around my age and ask her to pimp me out to any single indian girls at the wedding. When i found out i actually blushed, physically impossible as it may be. I'm proud and I guess im embarrassed at people thinking I need my mom's help. Another deep lasting scar from an embarassing moment caused by my parents. Surely not the last....

1 Comments:

Blogger Rajan said...

holy shit you can blush too? then again, you are pretty white.

8:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home